Translate

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

A Secret Garden!


Hello! A warm welcome to you on this beautiful Tuesday! I hope you're staying nice and cozy if it's frigid in your part of the world.  

I have the honor of posting on the Maja Design Blog today! A week ago I posted a complete tutorial for paper roses, so I'm using some of my handmade blossoms to bring this secret garden to life. 

I have a passion for secret gardens. Honestly, I can't get enough of them. My home, Charleston, is filled with private gardens sequestered behind tall brick walls with elaborate wrought iron gates. I'm always trying to peek beyond the gates to glimpse the beauty that lies beyond. 


You don't have to peek around massive iron gates to visit my garden! Inside you are greeted by distressed Maja Design papers, layered die cut doilies, abundant handcrafted blooms, shabby resin embellishments, and a sweet stamped sentiment. 






You can create your own rose garden anytime you wish by checking out the tutorial presented on the Maja Design Blog last Tuesday.  


Thank you so very much for sharing your time with me! Don't forget to check out our February Mood Board Challenge. We just launched it this week, so you have plenty of time to participate. May this day bring you untold joys and creative adventures!

Hugs, 

Maja Design Papers Used: 


Additional Products Used: Magnolia Rose Leaf Die, Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die, Doily Die, Tim Holtz Distress Tool, Tim Holtz Mini Mister, Impression Obsession Stamp, Archival Ink, Twine, Melissa Frances Resin Lock & Key, Adhesive, Sewing Machine, Thread.  

Pinterest: Did you know that Maja Design has a Pinterest Page? You can find it right here.
Facebook: You can follow us on Facebook right here and of course "LIKE" us.
Instagram: Maja also has an Instagram account – majadesigninsweden.
(Use the hashtag #majadesigninsweden or the tag @majadesigninsweden
with your Maja papers so we can find you.)



6 comments:

  1. Oh Nancy! This is so beautiful! I know what you mean about passing gardens and stopping to peek! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Nancy,
    These flowers are amazing, thanks for sharing you detailed tutorial, I will have to add this to my List of Goodies to try !!!! I have these die cuts and some papers that I hope will work well although sadly they are not Maja papers.
    The papers work so beautifully in a shabby chic project, I so wish these papers were easy to find her in France. The card you have made and showcased here today is absolutely gorgeous too.
    Lots of love, hugs and warmest best wishes,
    Su
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty post. Thank you so much for the tutorial. I couldn't leave a comment there so wanted you to know I appreciate the details. I too did not know about drying paper this way. The papers are always lovely and I love your Tattering ! Enjoy a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The depth and richness of the colours on this card really are stunning, love your work Nancy!

    ReplyDelete