Translate

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Winter Wishes!


Hello, friends!! I'm returning after being away for a couple of months with a broken arm. Time certainly crawls when I'm grounded from spending my days in my craft room. I'm beyond thrilled to finally be back with you all! I've missed my crafty family sooooo much! 

During my absence a brand new holiday collection, 'I Wish', was released. It's filled with page after page of beautiful, festive patterns and vintage inspired ephemera. I've been waiting not-so-patiently to begin playing with it. The holiday card I'm sharing for Maja Design features several designs from the this collection.

A 2

I begin by distressing, layering, and stitching the lovely papers. The base design elements 
include two staggered rectangular panels, a label die, and a snowflake die cut from corrugated board. Each layer is popped up with foam tape to add dimension. The snowflake is lightly dusted with acrylic paint. A postage stamp from the collection (with a fun rubber stamped North Pole cancellation) adds a little whimsy. The image of the sweet child bundled in her winter finery is fussy cut from the paper collection.

A 4 a

A 3

Ivory lace, a natural twine bow, and winter white berries adorn the left side of the card. Prima flowers are hand colored in pale ivory. A couple of snowflake flourishes bedeck the top of the large snowflake.

A 4

A 4 b

The inside of the card features rubber stamping, elements from the paper collection, and an embellished file folder for tucking away a gift card.

A 5

A 6

A 1

Thank you so much for joining me today. I hope you love the new collection as much as I do. If you'd like to pick up some of these gorgeous papers for your holiday crafting you can find sellers near you here on the Maja Design website. I send wishes for a day filled with all that is good and wonderful! 

Hugs,
Nancy-sign

Maja Design Papers Used:


Additional Supplies: Dies- Sizzix Bigz File Folder, Spellbinders Labels 21, Memory Box Snowflake Sprig, Die-Namics Snowflake. Stamps: Tim Holtz Grunge Flakes, Stampin Up Christmas Postmark, Close to My Heart Post Card. Prima Flowers, Staz-On Black Ink, Prima Memory Hardware (Vintage Ivory), Ivory Acrylic Paint, Lace, Natural Twine, Corrugated Board, Winter Berries, Sewing Machine, Thread. 


Did you know Maja Design is on Social Media?

Pinterest: Did you know that Maja Design has a Pinterest Page? You can find it right here.
Facebook: You can follow us on Facebook right here and of course "LIKE" us.
Instagram: Maja also has an Instagram account – majadesigninsweden.
(Use the hashtag #majadesigninsweden or the tag @majadesigninsweden
with your Maja papers so we can find you.)

7 comments:

  1. So glad to see you back, Nancy! Your card is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased to see you back Nancy and I hope you have made a full recovery! A stunning card - as always! All those wonderful layers, the lace and the gorgeous papers. Stunning! Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Nancy!!! I just love your work. This is incredibly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to see you back, Nancy. All your designs are so inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous card! Love all the little details 💗

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad that you've mended and are back in blogland, Nancy! By the looks of this stunning card, you didn't lose any of your creativity while you were recuperating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My! This card is so gorgeous - I love those vintage images and addition of the lace is just right! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete