Translate

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Vintage Valentine Cards to Make in Minutes!


Hi and happy day! I have another Valentine project to share on this sunny Saturday. With just a few days left before Valentine's Day you may be feeling the crunch for time, like I am. My grandaughter asked me a couple of days ago if I would make 25 Valentine cards for her classroom party. Oh, how honored I felt to be asked! I would do anything for my sweet little angel. I started brainstorming for something I could put together quickly and in bulk.
I came up with these simple layered hearts that hold a sweet little surprise for each recipient.
I used the most adorable digital heart images from Beatriz, one of my favorite Etsy artists (I'll post her link under the supply list at the bottom of this post,) and was able to craft all 25 cards in about an hour. 
I put them in a vintage hobnail candy dish for my photos and was struck by how charming they looked. I can even see a bowl of these being used as table decor for a Valentine luncheon or tea. Each guest would be able take home a little handcrafted favor at the end of the event. And what fun they would be to make with the kids! If you'd like to give these cards a try I'll post the supplies and instructions after the last photo. 







Supplies

  1. vintage heart collage images from iralamijashop   
  2. Spellbinders classic heart dies (or you can use a scizzors to cut images by hand)
  3. Spellbinders scallop heart dies (you can also use heart doilies or hand cut hearts)
  4. pink, red, blue, and cream colored cardstock
  5. adhesive of your choice
  6. hole punch
  7. heart shape lollipops  
Directions

  1. Print vintage heart images on to plain heavy cardstock
  2. Cut images out with scizzors or Spellbinders heart die
  3. Cut scallop hearts from colored cardstock with Spellbinders die (or use heart shape doilies or cut paper hearts)
  4. Adhere vintage heart images to the scalloped hearts
  5. Use hole punch to create two holes on each side of the hearts
  6. Insert a heart shape lollipop into each card
Thank you so much for stopping by today! I wish you a wonderful weekend and happy crafting! Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment