Translate

Friday, January 20, 2012

tea for two...


I love everything about tea. I have a kitchen cupboard reserved exclusively for housing several varieties, so whatever my mood, there is a tea that suits.


Taking a break for tea helps me to slow down, reflect, and stop the often hurried pace of my day. Tea is also proven to help protect against cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and cancer. The powerful antioxidants in tea help to strengthen the immune system, fight colds and flu, promote healthy skin and hair, and can even be anti-aging. 


For me there is no equal to drinking tea out of a delicate and beautiful, vintage teacup. It lends a touch of elegance and civilization to a society moving away from formality and tradition. Over the last few years I've been building my own collection to sip from, and have passed many an enjoyable hour searching out vintage teacups in antique shops and estate sales. Yet another of my vintage addictions exposed here on my blog!
I came across these lovely teacup photos through Lexie at 'I Heart Home' and couldn't resist sharing them. If you'd like to check out her incredible blog, I've posted the link for you to follow.  
 I'm so happy you stopped by, and I hope you'll find a bit of time in your day to sit back with a cup of your favorite tea and enjoy a quiet moment.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment